Is your Board working
as effectively as it could be?
Governance and Board Development Consulting for Non-Profits
Effective governance is crucial to the success of your organization. And over time, as your organization changes, your governance structures and processes may need to change too.
How do you know if you need to make changes to your governance procedures? Ask yourself these questions:
- Does your Board have a clear understanding of its core governance functions?
- Does it have sufficient focus on governance issues compared to operational issues?
- Does it have a plan for improving the governance of your organization?
- Is it focused on the key issues and operating effectively?
If you answered NO to any of these questions, it might be time to take a look at your Board’s operation and consider areas for improvement.
MAS can help
A MAS Volunteer Consultant, who has an expertise in this area, will work together with your Board to:
- Establish a common framework for governance
- Examine various governance models and options
- Help a Board of Directors understand what governance practices it should be engaged in
- Identify related by-laws issues for Board and legal consideration
- Clarify roles and responsibilities
- Improve Board recruitment, orientation, training and retention
- Increase the effectiveness of Board operations
- Maximize the value of Board committees and other supporting structures
- Evaluate Board dynamics
Contact MAS today and let our experienced team work with you. We’ll support you through a governance review process designed to strengthen your Board’s ability to take on whatever challenges you are currently facing, as well as those that may arise in the future.